Tuesday, July 16, 2024

16 July 2024: News Update

Slowly recovering from being ill. Add in other major health issues and thus much of this month so far has seen little to no activity apart from the usual PC gaming forays. 

Acquired several new PC games while recuperating. Some have been purely for fun games like Little Kitty, Big City, Plant Therapy and Cloud Climber, to name just three. And then there are those that pique my other interests such as the linguistic puzzler Chants of Sennaar or the rail network builder Open TTD. Two of note that relate militarily recently purchased include Star Trek Resurgence which I am liking because it's Star Trek, and also because I like how they've gone with dual main characters - the XO who is the primary lead and the enlisted engineering PO (Petty Officer) who is the secondary protagonist. Just started the early chapters. The other which I purchased tonight is the just-released Scourge of War: Remastered. This release is the Waterloo upgrade of the base core game. Bought it because it was going cheap on Steam and because I'm keen to acquire the ACW games when they are eventually released. Looking cool so far (playing the tutorials). 

Tabletop gaming-wise, the focus has been soley, when not confined to bed, on assembling a suitable purchase order for my circa 1645 Royalist army list. Trying to keep it under a thousand dollars in total. Hoping to sort out a suitable order before the discount ends early August. 

Speaking of ECW, I forgot to mention that the card sets for the VWQ game include not just the New Model but also the other main factions - Covenanters, Parliament, Montrose, and Royalist. 16 card per set if I remember rightly. Or eighty in total. 

When I have improved enough to be more consistently active, I will resume work on the B & B spell cards as well. Hopefully I should have two warbands ready to face off against Brett's five! And Simon's single warband of dastardly mice!!

Painting. I am heading in a completely different direction for the time being. The original painting plan has been shelved while I muster strength and focus (as well as materials) for this new venture. More on that adventure in due course.

=========================

No comments:

Post a Comment