Sunday, December 31, 2023

31 December 2023 - The Hunt for the Albatros continues...

As the title states, went into the studio even though I was feverish with the flu. Ended up rummaging about after more painting on the Harbour set. Then I pulled out the 1/700 Waterline capital ships I had assembled around the same time as I had started the Harbour set just to gauge the dimensions for piers to be made. 






 

Yamato and her sister ship Musashi. Figured Yamato is the finished build (bottom of two ships). Later I went hunting for the original kit boxes...and found them. Never throw away anything until completely done with them, so I've learned. But that's just me.








Also pulled out two British battleships - Rodney and Nelson - as they occupied the same shelf.






 

Compared to the Yamato, these two look like cruisers size-wise. 








 

Also found these two Japanese destroyers on the same shelf. Forgot they were there, to be honest. Know of the Akatsuki from playing it in World of Warships. Top ship.








 

The Sakura is not known to me but was part of the same purchase back when...






 

The back of the kit boxes is very hand because it itemises the pieces. With the Tugger set it shows the ship types and provides a basic colour scheme. Very useful.  Correction: they are floating piers while the missing items are mooring buoys. Found the buoys during a quick tidy up.











 

The aircraft are part of the Waterline series. Found more aircraft which are either the same Tamiya or Dragon as I originally believed.

By the way, still haven't located my Albatrosses.

========================

No comments:

Post a Comment