Wednesday, October 13, 2021

October

Fast forward a few weeks to the new month of October. Spring has seen the jacarandas already in bloom, albeit sleepily. I think November is really when they flourish and shine. Maybe see the Honeyeaters even? Love my birds.

The Borodino Project has been extended as I struggle to complete the artillery and command stand of Part Three. Putting aside my disappointment of not being able to buy the necessary cavalry to complete the French & Allied component I have continued to do the best under these changed circumstance.

Managed to complete the Russian artillery and all the infantry commanders - Army, corps, and divisional. But still lack the equivalent for the cavalry; fortunately they are few. Completed the artillery for the active corps; just lacking the artillery reserve.

On the French & Allied side, I've started on the commanders and finished over half. Same with artillery although completion rate is much higher (nearer 90% done) and which includes the artillery reserves. As stated, missing a fair proportion of cavalry and am unable to acquire them unless I purchase from overseas which makes it most expensive, something I've tried to avoid as I had started this with the intention of assembling from the large amount of figures already in my possession. The last thing I wanted to do was spend money on more figures! But I never really had a full account of what I possessed.


However, I did complete one major to-do objective - paint up all the Russians I had acquired from several years ago. The image belows show the Russian list for Borodino near completion (just missing the various cavalry corps commanders and the huge artillery reserves).

As far as the refight goes, it's still happening but maybe towards the end of the year. I have so many other projects that I'd like to tackle. And this has dragged on longer than desired. So, expect a full batrep in the new year outlining how it all went. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment