Monday, October 14, 2024

13 October 2024

Space Marines 2

Began transforming my Ultramarine into an Omega marine. Slow process. Still unable to kill the Hive Tyrant playing solo. Come close at times but ran out of lives and the will to try again.






































======================

World of Warships

Got hoha (haw-hah, slang for fed up/pissed off/bored) with the grind today, especially the Event Pass, and spent dubs to finish it. Only 3 more levels to go but I couldn't be blowed focusing on them for the next week or so. The "special" premium crate in the penultimate level was a joke - a measley eight Blue economic bonuses. Meanwhile, the final rewards themselves were beyond a joke - a permanent black, red, yellow camo each for P. Rupprecht and Schlieffen. Really? No ship?

The session itself was quick fun; just three games in the FR25. Log in, log out. My kind of sesh. The more I play FR25, the more I'm convinced it served as the prototype for the Paolo Emilio. Similar one-trick pony style of play - sneak in, loose off torps, vamoose or go dark. Anyway, I finally got my revenge on the Ipiranga in the last game but had to close in all the while taking serious damage from those nasty Pan-American secondaries in order to exact my revenge. Take that, you latino snake! 😁 

======================

English Civil War - Waller's Foote

Spent some quiet time painting up Waller's command stand. Not much as such but it's a pleasant diversion from the grind PC gaming these days. 






























Glued those still loose to base. Will experiment with flocking tomorrow after glue has dried and set properly: using PVA instead of the usual superglue. PVA should be fine because it will be layered over with flocking and more PVA. 

=========================

Paintings

Finally decided to get off my slack arse and do some paintings. First sketched a few subjects that I will painting fully just to get an idea, and also to resurrect what passes for skill. This first piece is taken from a photo and meant as a Christmas gift. Using acrylic pad paper for my sketch - getting the outline that will be coloured in using acrylics over next few days. Depending on which pieces please me, will decide which get moved to a larger final canvas. Cheers.





















============================

No comments:

Post a Comment